Dafam Fortuna Hotel, Yogyakarta | 09 – 12 Juni 2015 | IDR 7,000,000
Dafam Fortuna Hotel, Yogyakarta | 09 – 12 November 2015 | IDR 7,000,000
An Approved Diesel Engine Course to meet the requirements of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency’s code of practice for safety of large commercial sailing and motor vessels, and the Department of Transport’s “The safety of small commercial vessels – A code of practice” and “The safety of small commercial sailing vessels – A code of practice”.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Mechanical Engineers and Technicians in maintenance department.
SUMMARY OUTLINE DIESEL ENGINE
1. Compression Ignition Engine
- The general principles of the compression ignition engine compared to the spark ignition engine.
- Basic terminology and engine terms
- Engine configurations,
- Engine construction and identification of the main components.
- The 2-stroke cycle of operations.
- The 4-stroke cycle of operations.
- Interpretation of engine performance data.
2. Fuel System
- Diesel fuels;
- Distillation and system components, including all filter types and tanks;
- Lift and injector pumps; Injectors
3. Air Systems
- Air: Fuel ratios; Filters; Naturally aspirated and Turbocharged systems; Intercoolers and Aftercooling;
- Exhaust systems, including silencers, water injection elbows and siphon breaks.
4. Cooling Systems
- Combustion processes temperature effects on engine components;
- Engine cooling water circuits;
- Raw and Freshwater cooling systems;
- Heat exchangers;
- Running temperatures and thermostats;
- Cooling water pumps;
- Rubber impeller and centrifugal pumps.
5. Lubrication System
- Lubricating Oils and additives;
- Function of lubricating oil;
- Lubricating oil systems.
- Lubricating oil pumps;
- Lubricating oil filters and the functions of relief valves.
6. Electrical Systems
- Lead acid and alkaline batteries;
- Alternators and drives;
- Battery charging and split charging arrangements;
- Starting motors;
- Cold starting aids, engine stopping arrangements and solenoids;
- Basic circuit diagrams and engine instrumentation;
- Safety features in the electrical distribution system.
7. Power Transmission
- Reduction and reverse;
- Plate and cone types;
- Control systems;
- Propeller shafting and couplings;
- Stern tubes;
- Bearings and sealing arrangements;
8. Hull Fittings
- Annual inspection and maintenance of sea cocks;
- Cathodic protection systems;
- Marine pollution legislation;
- Code of safe working practices;
- Basic fire fighting and awareness of potential fire hazards;
- Safety consciousness;
- Bottled LPG Installations.
- Case Study
TIME & VENUE
- Dafam Fortuna Hotel Jl. Dagen 60 Malioboro Yogyakarta,
04 – 07 February 2015
27 – 30 April 2015
09 – 12 Juni 2015
09 – 12 November 2015
4 days (08 am – 04 pm)
DIESEL ENGINE COURSE SPEAKER
Teguh Pudji Purwanto, Ir, MT
Teguh Pudji Purwanto experienced more than 26 years in mechanical industry.
IDR 7,000,000.00 per participant non residential
- Module / Handout
- Training Kit